Vacancy Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Kaumera Nereda® Gum
The Kaumera Market Hub
The hub consists of a team of professionals, dedicated to the development and marketing of Kaumera, a new, innovatieve bio based polymer which is extracted from waste water. The development of Kaumera is the result of intensive collaboration within a consortium of the Vallei and Veluwe Water Authority, Rhine and IJssel Water Authority, the Dutch Foundation for Applied Research in Water Management (STOWA (stichting onderzoek waterschappen)), Royal HaskoningDHV engineering consultancy and Delft University of Technology.
About Kaumera Nereda® Gum
Kaumera Nereda® Gum is a newly discovered bio-based raw material that is extracted from the sludge granules that form during the Nereda® water purification process. It is a versatile raw material: it can repel and absorb water and it is fire retardant. It is also very suitable for coatings and composite materials. Last year, the first prodcution facility in the world was opened in Zutphen, the Netherlands. Kaumera is already being marketed for agricultural and horticultural applications. Several other applications in different industries are being researched with interested parties as well. As Kaumera is an entirely new material, many more uses are yet to be discovered and explored.
The development of Kaumera has attracted a lot of attention in the press and professional literature. For example, the initiators won the Aquatech Innovation Award of the Amsterdam International Water Week 2019 and was awarded the third prize in the Dutch Government's Circular Economy Awards.
The main objective of the Business Development Manager is to identify these new product applications and business opportunities for Kaumera and convert them into business contracts. You will lead business development activities for target applications and target customers, leading the process from contact initiation to commercial agreement. Within the consortium, we will work closely with several partners to expand our product range and markets.
Responsibilities will also include:
- perform market analyses to identify target applications and clients,
- develop a strategy to position Kaumera as a preferred bio based alternative to commonly used chemical raw materials
- translate technical performance into measurable commercial value and develop value propositions,
- develop strategies, business cases and other marketing materials with the consortium
- develop and maintain a network with new and existing partners and across the industry.
The Business Development Manager needs to have experience and a proven track record in business development within the chemical industry and understanding of technical applications. The business environment consists of complex value chains with various drivers for change which need to be understood. Developing the market for a new product is challenging. Therefore enthusiasm, persistence and the ability tobuild relationships are important skill sets to have.
You also need to have:
- HBO/WO level of thinking
- experience in developing new & innovative products in cooperation with partners the chemical industry,
- customer interviewing skills and experience,
- experience in negotiating agreements and defining effective customer strategies,
- the entrepreneurial mindset to work in a rapidly growing organization with demanding targets,
- minimum of 5 years of experience in business and product development,
- willingness to travel for business purposes.
Are you the right person for this challenging position? Then we offer you plenty of opportunities to develop yourself further. A competitive salary and excellent secondary conditions are self-evident.
Information and application
Would you like to join us? Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with reference to application Business Development Manager. For more information, please contact Rudi Gerard, director of Waterschap Rijn en IJssel, telephone +31622200180.
Acquisition is not appreciated.